Operations Associate – Intercom Contractor (Closed)
Applications for this position must be received no later than Wednesday, 12th October 2022.
Operations Associate – Intercom Contractor (closed)
Effective Ventures Operations (EV Ops) is looking for a part-time Operations Associate to handle our external customer support.
We are looking for someone to manage our customer support system, Intercom. You’ll be responsible for fielding queries from a variety of sources and offering professional, friendly support.
EV Ops aims to provide world-class operational support to organisations that are expected to have an outsized positive impact. We do this by providing the financial, legal, administrative, grantmaking, logistical, and fundraising support that enables many high-impact organisations to grow, including: CEA, 80,000 Hours, the Forethought Foundation, EA Funds, Giving What We Can, the Centre for the Governance of AI, Longview Philanthropy, Asterisk, Wytham Abbey, and Non-trivial.
The project and the role
We’re looking for motivated, altruistic, and optimistic people from diverse backgrounds to join us in this impactful work. You’ll work closely with our Head of Systems, Chloe Malone.
- Owning our Intercom customer support platform
- Answering customer queries from a variety of contact forms and general support email addresses, including:
- Providing support to donors and troubleshooting non-technical issues
- Sharing resources and providing guidance on the basic principles of effective altruism
- Maintaining catch-all inboxes and assigning queries to the appropriate team
- Coordinating with other teams to solve issues, while saving staff time wherever possible
- Identifying improvements to our current setup, including:
- Effectively managing recurring queries with automated responses and customers flows
- Improving existing template messages, and building new templates
- Improving spam filters
- Coordinating updates to EV’s various websites to anticipate recurring issues and limit inbound queries
The ideal candidate
Some operations or customer service experience is ideal for this role, but we will also consider entry-level candidates.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Personable and great with communication: You will be representing EV and may be dealing with major donors or other important stakeholders, so having strong communication skills is essential. You need to be able to respond quickly, politely and professionally, adapting your communication as needed.
- Customer-focused: You are excited to provide excellent service and are motivated by understanding the needs of others.
- Proactive and resourceful: You are skilled at problem solving and enjoy working autonomously to find solutions.
- Enthusiastic to take on a support role: You are energised by acting as a force multiplier, and are willing to take on repetitive and unglamorous tasks to make that happen.
- An understanding of EA: You will need to be familiar with effective altruism in order to provide helpful guidance to members of the EA community
- Committed: While this is a part-time role, we’re looking for someone who is excited about taking on these responsibilities for at least one year.
This is a part-time remote role, reporting to Chloe Malone, Head of Systems. This position requires an estimated 10-15 hours of work per week with the possibility of additional work if desired. This role will be a good fit for those seeking a flexible work schedule.
Your starting hourly rate is £27hr, with some flexibility for exceptional candidates.
We’re looking for someone to start as soon as possible and will review applications on a rolling basis.
After considering your written application, we may invite you to complete a short trial task followed by further interviews. We’ll invite finalists to provide references and participate in a multi-day paid work trial.
We’re happy to consider applicants from overseas. EV Ops serves a global community, and our team works with people and organisations all over the world. We’re committed to fostering a culture of inclusion, and we encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply. We especially encourage applications from women, gender minorities, and people of colour who are excited about contributing to our mission. We’re an equal opportunity employer.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, or have any other questions about applying, please contact email@example.com.